Senior R&D Expert
- Sittard NL
- up to 95K
In this role you keep up with the technological advantage of Stamicarbon in the market by continuously innovating and developing the Urea technology based on market needs.
Your key areas of responsibility are to:
- To implement defined Innovation Pipe Line (IPL) projects and to introduce new IPL ideas into the urea market by revamping and retrofitting of existing plants;
- To cover all the R&D technological elements that is necessary to remain the market leader in urea know-how focused on fertilizer finishing technologies and product quality;
- To cooperate with internal as well as external partners such as research institutes, vendors and supplier
- To support, co-develop and maintain Innovation & R&D program;
- To initiate and develop open innovation with external partners;
- Set up of pilot plant programs, organize and supervise pilot plant tests and interpret the pilot plant test results to industrial scale applications;
- Conceptual engineering skills necessary to adapt pilot plant for its test applications;
- Setting up laboratory programs necessary to investigate fertilizer product qualities;
- Supervising fertilizer finishing tests at vendors test locations
- To cooperate with internal as well as external partners such as research institutes, laboratories, vendors and suppliers;
- To work on major R&D project initiatives through all life-cycle phases and establishes direction and standards while maintaining a high level of customer and staff trust and confidence;
- To guide and support Pilots in the field and support customers in the technology development process in cooperation with Licensing professionals;
- To alert general trends in product development and report on progress of own projects.
You combine an Master degree level in Chemical Engineering with at least 5 years of experience working as a R&D Engineer in a technical and/or university environment. You have a professional understanding of the process technology and a general knowledge about safety analysis and HAZOP studies;
As a potential new colleague you have the personality to think in solutions instead of thinking in problems and the ability to coordinate projects in multi disciplinary teams. You are analytical, accurate and flexible with a strong service orientation. You show a true team spirit, can connect easily with colleagues and customers and you are driven to share your knowledge, to coach and support people. Therefore, good communication skills and an excellent command of English (verbally as well as written) are necessary to the success of this position. Good command of the German language is preferred as well. You enjoy frequent travelling abroad.
‹ Terug naar het overzicht